Office DesksOffice Desks Buyers Guide
Top Sellers Office Desks
Choose your Office Desks
More About Office Desks
Welcome to office desks section, here you will find an amazing range of desks in various shapes and colours. Practically any model of a desk on our website is available in at least 3 colours and lengths which allows adjusting it to any space and interior. We offer desk finish options of laminated tops which provide great protection against scratches, stains, etc. and also extend the lifespan of the desk and also real wood veneer finishes in a variety of shaped and colours for that stylish, executive finish.
What are office desks made from
• MDF - Medium Density Fibreboard which is a type of hardboard made from wood fibres glued under heat and pressure, this is one of the most popular materials used to manufacture office desks.
• MFC - Melamine Faced Chipboard office desks are produced in a number of thicknesses, but typically the industry standard is 25mm thick. The quality of that chipboard mainly depends on the density of the board. Most of our office desks and tables are made from this as it is a durable and robust material.
• Wood Veneer - this means that office desks are finished with actual real wood layers. These layers look fantastic and show off the natural fibres and grains in the wood. Veneer office desk need to be looked after more than your MDF or MFC. Wood finished office desks are a lot more susceptible to heat and scratch damage and sunlight can affect their colour over time. Veneer office desks are fantastic for executive offices or boardroom where you want to really impress a customer or client as they usually scream of quality and style as they look and often are a lot more expensive than the MFC or MDF versions. Veneers usually come in darker colours like walnut and dark oak.
Things worth looking at when buying an office desk:
• Desk Size – choose the proper dimensions of desk considering the available space and also the type of work it is going to be used to. Remember about all the equipment and accessories that you need to keep on the desk so that you know the minimum amount of desk space you require.
• Desk Shape – wave desks and L shaped corner desks deliver large desk top surfaces while not taking up too much of floor space, such design allows fitting a desk pedestal for some extra storage. These types of office desks come in right and left hand options to meet user’s specific needs. Straight desk are becoming more and more popular now because of the decrease in size of desk top monitors now and the increasing use of laptops and tablets. Our full office desk range shapes include rectangular desks, u shaped desks, kidney shaped desks, square desks, round desks, curved desks, bow fronted desks, axe shaped desks, d end desks, double wave desks, executive radius desks, 135 degree angular desks, 120 degree core desks, 90 degree desks, crescent shaped desks, desks with meeting tables incorporated, j shaped desks and s shaped desks. Most desks can be extended by adding another section to either side or by adding some desk high storage which gives you more desk top space and the added benefit of some drawer space underneath. On top of this we also offer a complete bespoke desk making facility where we can literally make any shaped, colour and design that you require.
• Height Adjustable Office Desks - sometimes special height adjustability is required when sourcing a desk. We have a number of options in our range of height adjustable desks for users with reduced mobility, back problems or simply very tall.
• Office Desk Styles - office desks come in a variety of different styles to suit all tastes. The most basic and often cheapest or best value styles are the entry level wooden panel legs and tops or the metal cantilever leg options. These are perfect for a budget office fitout, home office or temporary office setup and we have them in abundance with a 10 year warranty, in a variety of colours. For a more mid-level desk style, have a look at our cable managed leg options. These cable managed desk come in a huge variety of shapes and colours also and are suited best for a user with a need for a lot of cables and equipment connecting to the desk. The cable management keeps the cables very tidy and hidden away so that your desk looks clean and clutter free at all times. Another style option and the latest trend would be our bench desking. Bench desking provides a large area of workspace with a continuous, uninterrupted surface area. Bench desks are best suited and a great idea for call centers, customer service areas where you need flexibility built in for larger teams that need to work together. It offers full cable management within the structural beam, flip tops or slide tops for further easy access to cables and offers significant cost savings because of the possibility of sharing legs and other components. It also looks very stylish and contemporary with very clean lines. Architects love beam system desks because of this. We also offer a full range of veneer desks for manager or executive offices.
• Cable Management System – with at least a monitor and a telephone being the basic standard for electronic equipment on the desk top it is important to make sure you have a proper solution for cables that have to be connected to the devices. There are a variety of cable management systems available from basic leg cable management to full desk top cable management where you can slide or flip the desk top to access cables more easily.
• Office Desk Colours - we offer a large range of colour options on our office desks ranges depending on the range you choose. Here are some of the colours available: white, beech, oak, cherry, grey, light oak, modern oak, Japanese ash, silver, apple, walnut, maple, polar birch.
We also offer complementary colour finishes on associated storage cabinets to really liven up your office. Colours include aubergine and apple for the wooden structure. Additionally, some of our wooden storage units can be finished in a coloured fabric top, colour options include red, aubergine, avocado green, blue, grey and black. You can add even more colour to your office by choosing bright colours for your office desk screens, partitions and chairs.
Some of the office desks types available on Huntoffice.ie:
Rectangular Office Desks – these are the most popular office desks among businesses and offices as they are extremely versatile; rectangular shape of these desks makes them suitable for any type of interior and the basic design offers linking multiple office desks with each other. Such desks are available in a great choice of sizes and colours. You can also choose desks with fitted drawers and pedestals or you can expand the storage space by getting a mobile pedestal.
Wave Office Desks - the irregular shape of the top in such office desks provides the user with more workspace and support as one side of the desk is wider than the other one and is directed towards the user. If you consider getting this type of office desk you should choose the right orientation of the desk based on if the user is right or left handed.
Executive Office Desks – these top of the range desks come in stylish designs which look stunning in any type of executive areas. These desks are made of the highest quality materials which apart from great look provide long lasting durability. Executive desks on our site can be found in elegant and tasteful choice of colours and finishing.
We are online suppliers of rectangular office desks, wave office desks, executive office desks and office tables. We also stock a variety of office desk accessories such as cable trays, modesty panels and desk extensions as well as printer stands. All our office desks are made of the best quality materials which guarantee long time durability. With over 700 office desks in our offer we are sure to meet even the most demanding customer requirements.