Photographic PaperPhotographic Paper Buyers Guide
Top Sellers Photographic Paper
30% Cheaper€11.99 Ex VAT €14.75 Inc VAT41% Cheaper€7.99 Ex VAT €9.83 Inc VAT32% Cheaper€21.65 Ex VAT €26.63 Inc VAT
31% Cheaper€9.13 Ex VAT €11.23 Inc VAT32% Cheaper€17.99 Ex VAT €22.13 Inc VAT27% Cheaper€9.99 Ex VAT €12.29 Inc VAT
All Photographic Paper
Photographic Paper Buyers Guide
Photographic Paper is a type of printing paper which allows creating lab quality photos at home or workplace using an inkjet or laser printer. Although it is possible to print images on almost any type of printing paper, the results can be poor so it is worth getting photographic paper that will deliver colour rich professional looking photographs. There are few things you should consider when buying photographic paper which will determine the quality and durability of printed images.
• First of all you need to check if the photographic paper that you intend to buy is suitable for your type of printer. Since laser and inkjet printers use completely different technology of producing images on paper, using the wrong type of photographic paper can result in low quality print outs, smudge, ink sliding off the page or even cause damage to the printer. This can be easily avoided as all photographic paper manufacturers label their products with information if the paper is inkjet or laser compatible.
• Photo Paper Surface – this is rather a personal decision as the photographic paper finish determines the look of your printed photos. Prints on glossy and semi-glossy photo paper have nice vibrant colours and shiny look, almost the same as in traditional photos. Glossy photo paper is best for print outs which are going to be used in photo albums, scrapbooks or for flyers and promotional materials. Since the glossy surface creates reflections it is not recommended to use glossy photo paper for framing as the picture will be getting glare from both the glass in the frame and the shiny surface of the paper which can cause the image to obscure. Matte photo paper doesn't cause such issues as its surface is non-glossy and delivers a soft look. Such photographic paper has a better contrast and produces deeper dark colours which make it the best choice if printing in black and white. A lot of photographic paper types are coated on both sides which means you can print photos on both sides of a single sheet which can be very useful and also cost saving when printing flyers, brochures and any other type of marketing literature.
• Photographic Paper Sizes – photographic paper is available in a range of sizes which should satisfy the needs of any photograph enthusiast. The most popular format (sort of a standard size) of photos which are available from photo labs or photo machines is 10x15cm (6x4") and all manufacturers of photographic paper also offer this size of photographic paper. If you require printing images on larger format it is also quite easy as photographic paper is available in A4 and A3 sizes.
• Photographic Paper Weight – like with any other type of printing paper, photographic paper is available in various weights which determine how the print out looks and feels. The general rule is that the heavier the paper the more professional and important is its appearance. The minimum weight that quality photographic paper is available in is between 100-140gsm. Such weight is sufficient enough for day to day printing at work or home; if you are looking for better quality paper that won't tear easily you should choose photographic paper that is at least 150gsm. Premium quality photographic paper usually weighs more than 250gsm and can even exceed 300gsm.
• Photo Paper Brands – almost every printer manufacturer carries a range of photographic paper sold under their brand name. If you don't want to spend a lot of time on choosing the best photographic paper you can simply get paper from the same brand as the printer that you are going to use to print photos with. HP, Epson and Canon all have a good range of photographic paper. On our site you will also find high quality photographic paper from Apli which is one Europe's leading paper manufacturers that deliver photographic paper suitable for use with any type of printer. We also stock a range of photographic paper made by economy brand 5 Star which is extremely price competitive and high quality at the same time.